Saturday, March 28, 2009

quick update:
I just found out that I will be living in Central Province for the next 2 years the closest Boma is Mikushi about 48km away. Luckily transport is very easy in central province and its also easy to travel to other areas from there. The provincial capital is about a 1 hour drive from the Boma. My site is also very close to the DRC so that's interesting. I am the virst volunteer to live in the village, but i have a health care volunteer about 8km away from me and a borehole with clean water less than 1km from my hut. Tomorrow i am going to visit a volunteer in central and i will spend 2 nights at my actual site so i will tell you more after i find out this week!

2 comments:

  1. Leandra,
    Hi, My name is Bridgett Linville. I am a friend/3rd cousin of your mother. I am fasinated with your adventure and maybe we keep in conntact during your time away. I have missioned in Bolivia so kinda have some sort of an idea of what you are up to. Though our conditions were different. I will keep up with you!! Bless you, bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leandra,

    Hi, my name is Willie Hunter. I am the father of Kimberly Hunter from UF. She told me about your blog. I have traveled throughout Zambia and many other nations in Africa in the past 10 years. I work with a missions ministry that works closely with over 200 famileis all over Zambia. If you want to help introuduce you to some of them that live nearby you I can probally arrange let. Just let me know.
    I am excited to follow your blog throughout your two years in Zambia. The nation and the people there are great as I am sure you already know. Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone!
    Serving Jesus with Joy,
    Willie Hunter
    whunter@gospelink.org

    ReplyDelete